Thursday, September 09, 2010

Black Sheep @ TIFF 2010



For the past couple of weeks, the Toronto International Film Festival has been looming over my head.  I've been making lists and schedules and spreadsheets just to make sure I don't miss anything.  As the days have been getting closer, the pressure has been mounting.  Am I seeing enough movies? Have I written enough reviews?  Do I have enough interviews booked?  TIFF to me was like this giant vortex of film that was sucking my entire life into it but I don't like getting pulled into anything unless I'm good and ready to go.  Last night, I got there.  Today is the first day of TIFF and instead of being a nervous wreck, I am a very happy guy.  I am ready to take whatever it wants to give me because whatever that is, is certainly going to be incredible.

Well, most of it will be anyway.  I don't want to poo poo this festival right off the bat but they bring it upon themselves when they decide to program embarrassments like SCORE: A HOCKEY MUSICAL as the opening night gala screening.  There will be no TIFF Bits today as there are only a handful of other screenings on the opening day but instead, I do have a full review of this painful Michael McGowan picture.  

If you will excuse me, I need to get to my first screening: COOL IT, a documentary about that pesky environmental problem we seem to be having.  Don't miss my first TIFF'd video piece at the end of the day.  Happy TIFFing!

No comments: